Elsie's Caramel Kisses from Roses and Revenge are the perfect treat for Valentine's Day—or, well, pretty much any day!
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 11oz candy caramels
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Mix together flour and baking powder, set aside.
- Melt 1 cup butter.
- Stir 3/4 cup brown sugar into the melted butter. Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- Stir dry ingredients, flour and baking powder, into the wet mixture until well mixed.
- Roll about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough into a ball then shape by pinching the top and flattening the bottom to resemble a chocolate kiss candy.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes.
- Let kisses cool completely.
- Melt the candy caramels with 1/4 cup water in a double boiler or microwave.
- Put remaining chopped pecans in a small bowl.
- Dip flat end of the cooled cookie in melted caramel and then immediately into chopped pecans to coat.
- Place dipped cookie on wax or parchment paper and wait for caramel to set.