Elsie's Cherry, Chocolate and Pistachio Biscotti is the perfect anytime pick-me-up treat. Just ask Pink! I've got the delicious recipe that was featured in Carnations and Chaos.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/12 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup roasted, chopped pistachios
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cherries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Chop the roasted pistachios—if they aren't already chopped—and set aside.
- Chop the dried cherries and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Set side.
- In a large bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Mix in eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients into the large bowl and stir until just combined.
- Stir in chopped pistachios, dried cherries and chocolate chips. Mix until they are well distributed throughout the dough.
- Grease and flour 2 baking sheets. You can also use baking spray. (I used one very large air-bake sheet.)
- Divide dough in half and shape each half into an oblong, flat log. (See photo.)
- Bake for 26 minutes, until light brown.
- Remove pan(s) from the oven and allow the logs to cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut each log into 1 inch slices and turn each slice on its side. (See photo.)
- Bake the slices for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy!