As Elsie says in Peonies and Poison, these are the perfect treat to make to clean out the 'clutter' in your baking pantry. Filled with all kinds of tasty tidbits, these cookies are sure to please!
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6oz semi-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 oz white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/3 cup toffee bits
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup oats
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a stand mixer, or by hand, whip softened butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat the 2 eggs into the mixture and add vanilla.
- Add salt, baking soda and flour. Mix just enough to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate, cranberries, nuts, toffee bits and oats.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup scoop the dough onto a greased or parchment lined baking sheet. (Note: 1/4 cup makes the giant sized cookies seen in the pictures. You could also make smaller cookies.)
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until the edges begin to brown and tops of the cookies appear dry. (Note: If you're making smaller cookies you'll need to adjust this time.)
- Remove from oven, transfer to a cooling rack and ENJOY!